Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Highs and Lows

I received a letter from the Health Department saying that Malia was behind on her immunizations. I called our doc and found we were up to date in her records but she suggested we go to the clinic to settle the matter. So, I loaded the kids up in the car and headed downtown.

Riley egged Malia on all morning about getting shots and boasted about not having any herself. After waiting an hour in line, we discovered that all the kids were current on their shots but since we were there, they offered to do Riley's shots for next year. I agreed.
Riley was not happy!! She screamed in pain while receiving her 4 shots, Lucas started wailing and sweet Malia did a little dance and sang a happy song through all of the chaos. I was torn between laughing or crying but decided to laugh along with all the madness.

On the way home, Riley said, "When we share our highs and lows at dinner tonight, this is DEFINITELY going to be my "low point"." I busted up laughing! We went to the dollar store to pick out a toy for being brave. Here she is with her new cash register!!..note her sis in the bottom corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment