Friday, November 13, 2009

Driving Myself Crazy!

Growing up in Hawaii, I got my drivers license when I turned 15 with no drivers ed.

My husband informs me that driving is not one of my gifts from God and always insists on taking the wheel.

At age 2, Riley's favorite saying when pulling out of the driveway was, "Watch out for the mailbox!"

Well, I did it again. Not the mailbox this time. I didn't know the rear door was open when pulling out of our garage until I heard a LOUD crash!!

I've been working on reversing slowly but this was not one of those times.

Our car is in the shop and now my kids say, "Are all the doors closed?" when pulling out of the garage. Geezz.....

5 comments:

  1. Aloha Sharina! I just discovered your blog, LOVE IT! This driving story somehow doesn't surprise me... With as beautiful as you are in so many ways, it is only natural that you have one minor flaw :-)
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont' forget about the huge dent on the side of the car from the fire hydrant and running over and killing our dog!! lol.

    Very happy you don't have pets. Happy for them.

    Joce wants to know what we are doing this Christmas for gifts. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. DON'T FORGET THE LONG SCRATCHES ALONG THE WHOLE SIDE OF OUR CAR CUZ YOU WOULDN'T STOP WHEN THE CAR HIT THE HEDGES

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's why I will never let you drive our cadillac!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I do remember a certain someone, who shall remain nameless, driving us girls all around Maui. One particular day we were driving in the mountains (on a one lane road) and remember feeling like I was going to die. This unnamed driver had one foot down by the gas pedal and another leg/foot sticking out the driver's side window. I'll never forget it!!!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete