Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 4th Weekend

What a GREAT weekend! On Friday, Dad Husted offered to watch the kids as a "Give Back" day so Ryan and I took him up on the offer and enjoyed a beautiful morning of golf. My game instantly improved when Ryan suggested we compete for a 10 min massage. Without saying who won, it was a WONDERFUL start to my holiday weekend!!
Saturday, we joined the Husted clan for a barbecue, parade, fireworks and fun with the whole family.

Yummy food..hot dogs, beans, pasta salad, fruit salad, and Nana's jello flag cake!!

Brandon, Malia & Riley playing in the sandbox.

Our super heroes...Riley, Isaac and Brandon!

The adults played corn hole where Ryan and I beat out Mom Husted and Angie. Ryan and I were forced to play for the Grand Championship title. Again, I won't say who won but I sure had a skip in my step all day long! Malia was our little helper.

Baby Lucas was chillin' and loving being held all day long!

Sunday, we enjoyed a family day going to church and then strawberry picking at Gibbs Farm. The girls loved searching for berries and getting their hands dirty. While helping Malia fill her carton, she whispered in my ear, "I really love you mommy." Priceless!
Dad gave Riley her first lesson in riding a bike. She was brave and gutsy. She wanted to do it all by herself. We spent the afternoon with the Nickel clan swimming at Valhalla Beach Park. It was so hot that we drove back to our homes where the boys played basketball, the kids ran around in the sprinklers and the girls went for a long walk before dinner. What a fun weekend!

3 comments: