Friday, July 24, 2009

Locks of Love

The day after Lucas was born, I decided to chop my hair and donate it to Locks of Love, a non-profit organization that provides wigs for children battling cancer. Ryan provided his usual caution by reminding me that my hormones were running crazy and that I might regret an impulsive decision. I've had long hair most of my life and thought this would be a good way to start the summer with 3 kids while doing something good for another person. Here's my before picture...
At the salon, my stylist kept asking over and over again if I was sure that I wanted to cut my hair. She finally asked me why I was doing this and I told her that I had a little baby at home. She asked, "Is your baby sleeping through the night?" I hesitated for a moment and said, "Hmmm...tonight's his first night at home but I'm pretty sure he won't be sleeping through the night." She was in hysterics and yelled across the salon to tell everyone the news.
The Perrault family delivered a cookie bouquet to celebrate Lucas' birth!
I like my haircut! I usually hit Fantastic Sam's 10 mins before closing for a cheap, fast & low maintenance cut. I got a FREE cut when donating 12 inches at a fancy salon! I think I prefer long hair but this was a worthwhile thing to do. Glad I did it!!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, Miss Humble. I loved your cut, told you so and you said it was a 'new-mommy-of-three-hormone' thing. Of course, you COMPLETELY failed to mention Locks of Love!

    You're beautiful and what you did was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete