Monday, February 28, 2011

No Baby Yet

I woke up every hour of the night.....waiting for morning to come!! Finally, it was 6am and I started getting ready for the BIG DAY! I imagined what it would be like to hold our little baby in my arms, to welcome him into our family and to see his beautiful face.

And then I saw that I had a message on my phone. Doc called at midnight to say that the induction was cancelled due to a test result that came in from Oahu. Baby's lungs were borderline.....How does that happen with an estimated 9lb & 43 week old baby???

We were bummed but decided to put our trust in the Lord. He knows the future. He has a plan. He cares for us more than we could ever know. So, we decided to stop waiting around and begin living life. No more naps. No more false alarms.

The day that started out as a downer became the BEST day since moving to Maui. Ryan and I hit the beach to stand up paddleboard. It was absolutely gorgeous morning. We came home and ate a spinach salad and green smoothie. I spent a few hours studying at the bookstore and had the whole Asato clan over for dinner. Enjoying God's creation, eating healthy and being with friends made the day PERFECT!

God is good and we're trusting in Him!

1 comment:

  1. Loved reading all the post from the last month. Your humor is awesome. The background is beautiful. It's so awesome that your kids have great grandparents.Preston, like Lucas, looked all other ethnicities before he decided to look like his dad. He looked Hispanic right after birth. Miss you guys and hope that baby comes soon and safely.

    ReplyDelete